Do you know what’s the best thing about a rainy afternoon ?
If you are thinking hot cocoa with cinnamon, you are not wrong. But, I went a little bit overboard with my snacks today.
That’s right ! I made a gluten free sugar free vegan mug cake !
This little beauty is made of rice flour. It has that moist crumbly texture and even after cooling down, the cake remained so soft and fluffy.
And the best part?
You can whip this cake in under 3 minutes. Yeah baby!
I have been trying to get a right consistency using the rice flour in mug cakes. Gave me a big heartache every time.
Oh no! Not today. Today must be the day the cake gods finally forgave me 😄
Cinnamon Apple Mug cake (Vegan &Gluten Free)
- Finely Chopped Apple – 2 Tbsp
- oil – 1 Tbsp
- Almond milk – 1 Tbsp
- Apple sauce – 1 tbsp
- Maple Syrup – 1 Tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg – 1/8 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Rice Flour (I used white) – 1.5 Tbsp
- Arrow root starch – 1/2 Tbsp
- Finely chop the apple. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk and apple sauce.
- Combine rice flour , cinnamon, arrow root starch , baking powder and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine well
- Cook in microwave power mode 4 for 2 minutes or in high power for a minute.
Scoop out and enjoy!