I’m always out of ingredients when a chocolate craving hits. It’s either almond milk or oil and now I’m out of both . Ha! How convenient ! But I managed to make a mug cake out of the stuff I had in my pantry today. Yay for me 😁
We went to trader Joe’s mainly to buy pasta and ended up spending 50$ over fruits and some veggies. Yikes! I gotta tone down my grocery bill. Yet, I don’t feel guilty for sneaking in a bag of chocolate chips among the items *evil grin*. I read in a couple of blogs that trader Joe’s chocolate chips are vegan. I gave out a noticeable gasp when I saw it for myself. I was making a batch of chocolate chips at home ever since we got cocoa butter . But I ended up eating all of them🤐. Not cool for my belly!
I stopped buying almond milk from stores when I learned that most of the brands have only 2% almonds. I usually make almond milk ,but I ran out of almonds . Then came the walnuts to rescue ! Walnut milk was very creamy and delicious. I used it for my pancakes and smoothies too.
I cooked the Mug cake in power 4 setting of my microwave for a minute. The result was a soft and moist mug cake which I drooled over just by looking at it. My not so chocolate loving hubby gave it a thumbs up 🙂
One minute Chocolate mug cake (vegan and oil free)
Recipe source : kirbie‘s cravings
- Vegan chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Any plant based milk – 3 tbsp
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Banana puree – 2 tbsp
- Almond or vanilla extract ,cinnamon- a dash
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Microwave chocolate chips and milk for 30 seconds until the chocolate melts . Whisk the mixture well with a fork.
- Add mashed banana, almond/vanilla extract and cinnamon. Refrain yourself from eating this entire mixture 😃
- Combine baking powder and flour .
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Do not over mix. You don’t want the gluten to develop, which will make the cake tough
- Microwave for one minute in power mode 4.
Wait for the cake to cool down or dive right in.
Till next time ! 🙂